How to wear blue and white
No two colours, when worn together, evoke summer more effectively than breezy blue and white. Sport the cool style for a chic year ahead.
THE PERFECT SUMMER COMBO
While white is an all-time classic and helps create a statement when worn with the right co-ordinates, blue is the most versatile and flattering of all colours – there’s a shade to suit every taste and temperament. From vibrant turquoise to ice-blue, inky indigo, pastel blue and navy, you can pick the shade you like.”
There are a lot of pros of opting for the heavenly duo. For starters, the combination works with pretty much any skin tone and style, whether serene or sensational. Elegant, simple, yet gorgeous, blue and white is a pair that’ll forever stay in vogue.
DETAILS OF TODAYS OOTD
Jeans – Diesel
Top – CottonOn
Shoes – Vincci
Bag – Prada
Hat – New Era
1) Nautical stripes are big this season. Give the classic trend a twist by opting for nautical striped tees and shirts in unusual shades of blue with stripes in different patterns.
2) For a sporty look, wear cropped boy shorts and add a pair of white sneakers and a blue or white baseball cap.
3) Denims are another classic. Ripped and heavily treated denims with frayed white edges are a shortcut to instantly look ing cool and chic. Pair a white jegging with a printed royal blue shirt and add a decent golden ring and gladiators for a casual look.
4) Blue side-slit skirt paired with a white bandage crop top makes for an outstanding look. Finish with a half hair updo and a classy pair of peep toe heels.
ACCESSORISING THE DUO
Use it in clothes, make-up, belts, bags, shoes, jewellery and scarves
1) Bling your blue and white with some rose or yellow gold accessories. For a brighter contrast, go for tangerine jew ellery, eye shadow, bags or shoes,” says Puri.
2) For a fun element, sport a pair of glares with re flective blue-tinted glass or a blue frame, but stay away from the pair that has both.
3) Blue footwear is also a fun option. Bright blue sandals or wedges look great with most sum mery shades and denims. Try teaming printed wedges and floral patterns in bags and scarves to oomph up the white.
NO OTT MAKE-UP
Never go for loud make-up when you wear this palette! Nude lips with smokey eyes can do the trick. In case, you wish to glam up a bit, try electric or aqua-blue liner or mascara, but make sure you sport it with light pink or peach lips to keep it summery and fresh. Shimmer and shine are an absolute no-no! For a boho chic twist, try sporting a white or blue turban with beach waves or a messy hairdo.