FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai an uber modern trendy resort
We’d seen the hotel being built over the last few years so decided to take a look and had a one night staycation our last one before the twins came!! So we wanted to make the most out of a bit of RnR
The hotel certainly has the wow factor from the glass cube entrance to the long infinity pool running through the centre, to the Penthouse roof top bar which has incredible views out towards the sea and Dubai Marina.
The service was excellent from start to finish. We were made to feel very welcome. The room was an good size with a stylish finish and a large balcony which looked over the infinity and out towards Dubai Marina.
We tried the Italian restaurant, Quattro Passi. The food was delightful, amazingly fresh, tasty food. I have no doubt that once the word is out, Quattro Passi will become established as one of the top restaurants in Dubai. The Chinese Restaurant Maiden Shanghai was only opening 2 days after our stay but if the food is as good as the fit out and setting looked I’m sure it will definitely be worth a visit.
Having been to most (and stayed in some) of Dubai’s top hotels I would say The Viceroy is definitely unique and well worth a visit. It has a very cool Miami vibe right throughout. It does not have the grounds like some of the older original beach hotels in Dubai but hats off to the architects who have made efficient and stylish use of the space.
- Blvd On One – BLVD On One is a place where a variety of meals dance together, led by our inspirational Executive Chef Robert Nilsson, lovingly addressed by us as Bobbo. Our splendid team has a combination of different traditional and authentic flavours; like Sweden matched to India or China meets Africa; each season you will experience something fabulous and innovative in our dishes.
- Quattro Passi Being introduced by a real Italian family’s cooking style, Quattro Passi founded by Chef Antonio Mellino prepares the dishes using these tried and tested techniques passed down each generation, adding valuable taste to the food through different ideas.
- Maiden Shanghai We are an authentic Chinese restaurant in luxurious and gorgeous Dubai. At Maiden Shanghai, our menu has traditional Chinese dishes with a mesmerising taste. Visit for the lunch meal or dinner and choose the a la carte dim sum menu anytime. We use the freshest and finest ingredients to deliver excellence in our food making and serving process.
- Elevate A beautiful place rests high in the sky on the 13th floor of the hotel, Elevate is an elegant place to relax. With a decent wine bar and artistic architecture, the location creates a stylish and artsy gallery feel to sip the night away.
- The Lobby Lounge Showcasing the stunning gold and teal interiors this refined space welcomes guests from around the world. The Lobby Lounge is situated near the FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai iconic glass cube. It is a natural meeting point for all customers and visitors as they meet and greet each other. The Lobby Lounge provides a healthy menu for breakfast, lunch or snacks in the afternoon.
- The Pool Bar The most relaxed venue which is situated on either side of the incredible infinity pool is a place that creates a laid-back, chic vibe. With the most playful yet comfortable space, this area offers refreshing beverages and innovative mixes, mocktails and cocktails served at the bar, tables around the pool and even in the pool itself. The ambience of the Pool Bar wholeheartedly changes from day to nigh
What I loved and why I highly rate FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai
- A big plus of this hotel compared to the majority of the Palm Jumeirah hotels is that its right at the start of the Palm, so easy on, easy off. It makes it much more convenient especially if part of your holiday plans are to see some of Dubai’s sights.
- I loved the contemporary architectural design with unique, intuitive service to deliver amazing, memorable experiences.
- 3 outdoor swimming pools, including a 55 m long option, running through the heart of the resort.
- elegant style
- Outstanding dining venues hosted by world-class chefs
- I loved the rooftop bar – uber funky and great views of the Marina
- A really modern spa
What wasnt great
- The surrounding area has a lot of construction specifically lots of the construction was happening on the beach, the hotel has done a great job of hiding the building work, it didn’t actually affect our stay but visually not great.
- We went at a quite time of the year and getting sunbeds wasnt an issue but I would really worry about this during peak season
A few snaps:
The main pool area
View from balcony
Breakfast room service – we order the healthy breakfast option which was enough for two people
Pool accessories, close up and marina view (unfortunately only mocktail as i’m pregnant!)
The resort shot from the front of the hotel – awesome pool!
- Higher floor the better with Marina Views
- Font views of hotel are preferable
- Get to the pool early to get a good sun bed
- Hotel more suited for the young
Check out FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai website for rates and current offers