How to enter paradise – take a trip to Jumeriah Vittaveli
Why Jumeriah Vittaveli?
- Well for a start it is located only 20-minutes from Male (you will ride on board a luxurious motorised catamaran) You might not think this is a big deal but its great when you arrive to Male to not have to hang around and wait for another flight or take a long boat ride – you just want to be their!!!
- Four amazing restaurants and a fabulous beachside cocktail bar (and they have happy hour!) You also have your own private butler so of course room service is always on offer (24/7) I must say we ordered this for every lunch and quite a few cocktails!!!
- Private swimming pool in every villa – yep every villa!
- Extensive leisure and wellness facilities including a 5 star PADI dive centre – A full range of water sports including deep sea fishing, diving, kayaking, kite surfing and paddle boarding (I even managed to not fall off!!)
- A beautiful Award-winning Talise spa with treatment rooms on land and over water
- Complimentary use of Vittaveli Bicycles and snorkelling gear
- And for the kids one of the largest kid’s clubs in the Maldives, Kuda Koli Kid’s Klub.
Take a view for yourself
About the resort:
- 89 villas and suites each with their own swimming pool and direct access to the beach or lagoon.
- The Talise Spa is surrounded by lush, natural gardens and offers Asian inspired treatments all using organic or natural products. The spa team produces their own island-made 100% pure Coconut Oil which is utilized in select signature treatments and available for purchase at the spa boutique.
- Daily yoga and fitness classes as well as personalised wellness programmes are also available.
- Home to one of the healthiest and most abundant House-Reefs in the South Malé Atoll, Jumeirah Vittaveli offers numerous diving and snorkeling opportunities exploring the colourful house reef. The more adventurous can explore five wreck dive sites near-by, maybe a sunken treasure will await hidden amongst sleeping fish and blooming corals. The resort also offers tours along its housereef by semi-submarine – a comfortable way for the entire family to enjoy the beauty of the underwater world.
- Dine at one of our four exquisite restaurants and bars, embark on a journey through inspired Indian cuisine at Swarna, which was recently awarded “Best Indian Cuisine in Asia”, explore the overwater elegance and romance of Fenesse, the fresh flavours of family favourites at the all-day dining Samsara or enjoy the sea breeze at the beach-side MU Beach Bar & Grill. We also offer exclusive and personalised ‘Dining by Design’ experiences from sunrise breakfast on the beach, to an Aqua dinner served in the swimming pool, where you can sink your toes into the cool water.
We where staying in one of the waterside villas which I can only describe as breathtakingly beautiful! I mean the pictures make it look amazing but real life is so much better!
We had a 5 night stay which was enough but of course we could have stayed for much longer, as the flight is only a few hours from Dubai you could also go for a long weekend.
The beaches are pure white and sea aqua blue its everything you could imagine and more!
What I loved:
- The newsletters printed every morning to read over breakfast
- The managers drink (complimentary once a week)
- The free sunset cruise – super romantic
- Sunset feeding of the fish
- The food and dinning experience was second to non
- Snorkeling – we did this every day, the amount of fish you see just by jumping over your jetty is amazing!
- And obviously the villa and overall luxury
Points to note:
- The prices – this place is not cheap, room rates, food and drinks the lot – so save it for a special occasion
- Because of the price and location expect to see a LOT of honeymooners
- Don’t think you can save on the price and bring in alcohol becasue the airport with confiscate it from you
- If your wanting somewhere with a bit of a night life this is not the place – the place empties out at about 10/11 I guess most people go back and enjoy the privacy of their villas
- In general the resort is very quite and peaceful again most people hang out in their own villas
The snapshots from our stay
Some images from the resort
The main hub of the hotel
The exclusive private villas that can only be acessed via boat
Beach side villa
Beach side villa
So whether you are seeking a romantic getaway or an exotic destination for your family Jumeriah Vittaveli is the place to visit.
Check out more details on their website