- Follow what your heart desires. It doesn’t matter whatever you want to become. Most likey than not, people that follows their heart succeed more than people who follows conditioning.
- Be resourceful. A fashion designer should know the basics, specially if you’re starting and don’t have enough budget. This should NOT stop you to do what you love to do.
- Be creative. It’s always good to know the trends, but it doesn’t mean you’ll sacrifice your creativity and uniqueness. Your idea should be dominant on what you create because it is from you that you want to share the world.
- Know Limits. In fashion industry, there are always a lot of rules and no-no’s but when it comes to looking good, you should knowthat you are not a slave to that rules.
- Do Not Sacrifice Creativity. Do not sacrifice your creativity to the rules, yet do not overly abuse going against the acceptable limitations.
- Start Your Own. Do not wait to be discovered by someone known to fashion. Start Your Own and they will find you. People have different ways to do it, some join reality contests on TV, some risk and put up their own boutique, some do it to do it themselves.
- You Are Your First Model. How you dress and style yourself will the first judgment. If people think you dress great and they would always want to know where did you get it from? That’s the best way to advertise your own creation.
- Know How to Dance. I didn’t mean literally, but it’s cool if you will do it like that! lol…I mean, you should know the flow of the industry to succeed, just like the crisis that is happening right now, create solutions to the problem. Know what to do in certain situation.
- Be Innovative. Know how to mix and match ideas that will work in fabrics. Sometimes the sketches wouldn’t look as great in the output if you chose the wrong materials. Be artistic and flowy, don’t stick to a formula that doesn’t work for you, it might not be for you.
Do you have any tips on How to Be a Fashion Designer – please do share 🙂