Some of the best outfit ideas are from the London street fashion and New York street fashion. Well, in fact, from everywhere really! If you’re tired of mainstream fashion established by well-known designers in fashion houses and designs, than street fashion style inspiration is something for you!
So What Exactly is Street Fashion?
It’s style created by youth culture — mostly young people on the streets of large urban areas. They don’t necessarily follow what’s “in” but they often put together outfits that reflect their personality and mood. And since they’ve create something that’s totally them, it looks so good because they feel comfortable in it! It is usually a bit eclectic – very mixed but up-to-date.
How Do You Achieve Street Style?
You’ll have to experiment and express yourself with pieces that reflect your personality.
Mix your overall style with quirky and unconventional pieces that reflect your “other personality”. Like for example a classy blazer look with a pair of geek-chic glasses to. Studded boots. Or how about adding a pair of vintage Mary-jane shoes? It’s a lot about putting together an outfit that has a “hook”. Learn more about it in my outfit ideas-series.
Street fashion is all about looking casual, showing personality and having fun!
For fashion inspiration, here’s a list of recommended street style blogs from different countries!
- The Sartorialist — New York City, USA
- Street Seen — Los Angeles, USA
- Face Philadelphia — Philadelphia, USA
- Austin Style Watch — Austin Texas, USA (hasn’t been updated since 2007)
- Street Fancy — San Francisco, USA
- Pike Pine — Seattle, USA
- Toronto Street Fashion — Toronto, Canada
- The Commodified — Vancouver, Canada
Scandinavia, Northern Europe
- Hel-looks — Helsinki, Finland
- Shtmlstil — Stockholm , Sweden
- Reykjavik Looks — Reykjavik, Iceland
- Oslostil — Oslo, Norway
- Copenhagen Street Style — Copenhagen, Denmark
- Stylescout — London, Great Britain
- Hoyfashion — Liverpool, Great Britain
- Fashion Filosofy — Ireland
- Stil in Berlin — Berlin, Germany
- Picturing Fashion — Barcelona, Spain
- Fashion Street Lisboa — Lisbon, Portugal
- Prada and Meatballs — Milan, Italy
- Easy Fashion — Paris, France
Australia and New Zealand
- Melbourne Street Fashion — Melbourne, Australia
- No Where to Go, Nothing to Do — Auckland, New Zealand
If you like this please follow me and I’ll follow you back 🙂 Thank you.