Its finally winter in Dubai which means lets get our buts outside and soak up the (slightly harsher winter) rays. With Winter comes a brand new brunch scene and that means al fresco dinning. Planning my next brunch recently got me thinking about where are best outdoor brunch in Dubai, which has led to this post…
I did a bit of “Googling” for inspiration and based on my experience here are my top suggestions. I broke it down into 1. Top bucks – top of the range, 2. Middle of the range and 3. Saving the pennies
1. Top bucks – 500 plus
Maya – Le Royal Meridien
The ‘Mas Mas Maya’ brunch can’t be beaten in terms of Al Fresco Dinning not only does it offer an unlimited sharing menu of Mexican favorites on an fabulious terrace but thier is a modern twist they also offer all day pool and beach access.
- AED 500 per person inclusive of soft drinks selected alcoholic beverages.
- AED 350 per person inclusive of soft beverages.
Pool and beach access at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort + Spa is included in the prices.
Al Badia Golf Course – InterContinental, Dubai Festival City
A picnic brunch on the grass with a blanket, overlooking the greens of the golf course at Al Badia, is a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Take BBQ meat and platters back to your table and chow down. Note, it only runs between October and early April.
- AED 280 per person inclusive soft beverages
- AED 380 per person inclusive house beverages
- AED 480 per person inclusive bubbly
- AED 580 including French premium bubbly
Mina Salam – Madinat Jumeirah
I think this is one of Dubai’s most famous brunch and if you live Dubai then i’m pretty sure you have been! With views of the enchanting lagoon, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam vibrant brunch has its buffet spread over Hanaaya and Tortuga restaurants where guests can enjoy an array of cuisine, including live cooking stations and a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The brunch also offers a separate children’s area with its own buffet and plenty of entertainment.
Read my full review here
- AED 525 per person inclusive of grape, house and soft beverages
- AED 425 per person inclusive of house water and soft beverages
Al Qasr – Madinat Jumeirah
Again another Dubai institution.. True luxuriously spread on the ground floor of Jumeirah Al Qasr, this award-winning Friday brunch serves sumptuous delicacies from The Hide, Al Hambra and Arboretum. From freshly barbecued Wagyu burgers to delicious desserts, guests can savour a delectable array of options from the live cooking stations while enjoying live entertainment.
Read my full review here
- AED 595 per person inclusive of bubbly, grape and house beverages, juices and soft drinks
- AED 495 per person inclusive of grape, house and soft beverages
Bubbalicious Brunch – The Westin Dubai
Arguably one of Dubai’s most popular brunches! The brunch offers more than 10 live cooking stations in three of Dubai’s hottest restaurants, making Bubbalicious the trendiest, liveliest, and among the most interactive brunches in Dubai.
- AED 680 per person inclusive of bubbly, grape and house beverages, juices and soft drinks
- AED 550 495 per person inclusive of grape, house and soft beverages
Pier Chic – Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah
Brunch of spectacular seafood in a romantic setting out on the jetty at this Dubai hotspot. Freshly-shucked oysters on top of a barrel is a nice talking point as is the scallop station. Mains include halibut, cod, and two sautéed tiger prawns on a bed of saffron risotto. There’s also wagyu short rib ravioli, lamb rack or beef tenderloin.
Guests can choose from al fresco or interior seating and three brunch options:
- AED 695 per person inclusive of bubbly, cocktails, beverages, juices and soft drinks
- AED 550 per person inclusive of non-alcoholic beverages
- AED 275 for children between four and 12 years old.
- Children aged below four dine complimentary.
2. Middle of the range – under 400 AED
Dek On 8 – Media One
Fun, lively and by the pool – the 1Loves Brunch tends to attract a young, hip and carefree clientele. Sharing is the order of the day with numerous platters and buckets of beverages. Don’t forget to try out the signature champagne over ice.
Price: AED 395 per person inclusive of soft drinks selected alcoholic beverages
Urban Picnic – Vida Downtown Hotel
Grab a picnic basket and a blanket, choose a bottle, collect some food and pick a spot inside at a table or outside by the pool at this nostalgic brunch. There’s a pizza oven, good salads, and noodles, which come in those cool New York-style Chinese takeaway cartons. The main platter of steak, lamb chops, baked chicken and seafood is delivered to the table. The dessert counter has American treats such as fruit lattice fruit pies and peach cobbler.
- AED 295 per person including soft beverages
- AED 345 per person including selected house beverages
- *Additional AED 100 per guest for a poolside cabana and pool access
Reform Social Grill – The Lakes Club
Sharing platters of smoked fish, cured meats and pickles and cheese are brought on thick wooden boards at this gastropub brunch that’s good for groups. Among the a la carte mains are baked sea bream with fennel, chicory and orange, BBQ ribs, and flank steak. A treacle tart with a jug of custard is the standout dessert.
- AED 400 per person inclusive of bubbly, cocktails, beverages, juices and soft drinks
- AED 360 per person inclusive pimms spirits, selelct grape, juices and soft drinks
- AED 260 per person inclusive of non-alcoholic beverages
3. Saving the pennies – under 300
Ok so Dubai is not really very good as this!
XL Beach Club – Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa
One of Dubai’s best loved beach parties, the XL Beach Club fires up the grill for unlimited steaks, burgers, skewers and drinks. Brunchers are encouraged to stay for the post-brunch party as big-name international DJs are regularly flown in to ensure that the party goes on long into the night.
- AED 295 per person inclusive unlimited BBQ food & selected beverages
- Group specials: book for 10 and pay for 8 or book for 6 and pay for 5
- Free pool and beach access with towels & shower facilities
Now what brunch post would be complete with out the inclusion of this Dubai legend!
So their you go my thoughts on the best outdoor Brunch in Dubai – do you have any suggestions to add?