There’s nothing more traumatizing than when your dark lipstick smudges on a night out! However, worry no more and learn a few beauty hacks on how to help your lipstick stay put and avoid this makeup mishap in the future:
- For the perfect lipstick application always start off by exfoliating your lips. You can use a toothbrush to do so, the bristles of the toothbrush act as a soft exfoliator that will help remove the dead skin on your lips gently.
- After exfoliating, prepare your lips by applying a lip balm or a lip conditioner of your choice.
- Next apply foundation and concealer onto the lips and set it with a compact powder to create a flawless makeup base. This technique also helps to keep the lipstick intact.
- Outline the lips with Lipstick Queen’s Cupid’s Bow Jumbo Pencil (AED125).* Once you have outlined, fill the entire lip area with the same lip pencil.
- Apply your lipstick and then dab on some translucent loose powder with a small blending brush. This will help seal the colour and prevent any smudging. YAY.
- Last but not least, take a clean tissue and fold it in half. Place the tissue between your upper and lower lips and blot the excess.
The Lipstick Queen Jumbo Pencil is packed with pigments that work like a lipstick and lip liner in one. Loaded with hydrating ingredients including Tourmaline, a precious mineral that is sourced from metamorphic rock in Brazil, known for its energizing and radiance boosting qualities.
The luxurious formation of these pencils keep your pout in perfect condition, whilst giving lips a velvety drama in eight shades that can be drawn on with one simple stroke. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, plush pigments and offer a dramatic yet moisture-rich satin matte finish. Naughty, nice and playful, with arrow-like precision…just like Cupid himself!
Lipstick Queen Cupids Bow Jumbo Pencil is priced at AED125 and is available in Dubai from Bloomingdales, Harvey Nichols, Areej and Paris Gallery branches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Do you have any tips on how to help your lipstick stay put? Please share