Today I am asking myself How To Wear Plaid shirt, also know as a flannel
One of my favorite fall fashion staples is a plaid shirt. I could wear plaid shirts all year round, but honestly, they look the best in fall and winter. Plaid shirts, or flannel shirts as some people call them, are so versatile and can be worn in a million different ways. And don’t forget that they’re comfortable, cozy and usually inexpensive.
Considering that flannels are one of the best things about cold weather fashion, you definitely don’t want to miss out on them. You also don’t want to get stuck in a rut of only wearing them with jeans and flats or boots. There are so many other things to do with a plaid shirt, no matter how casual it seems. Here are 20 style tips on how to wear a plaid shirt:
1. Start simple! Layer it under a cardigan to keep warm and super casual.
2. An over-sized plaid shirt can be worn open as a cardigan, and looks like a cute layer with denim shorts and tights.
3. Accessorize with a chunky knit scarf and a beanie to stay warm, and pair your plaid shirt with destroyed jeans for a comfy weekend outfit.
5. Mix your plaid shirt with another pattern or print, like these leopard shoes. So fun!
6. Forget jeans! Tuck your plaid shirt into a skater skirt and add tights for a gorgeous winter look.
7. Tuck your plaid shirt into your jeans and add a colorful belt for a streamlined look that is a little more dressed up.
8. You can make a plaid shirt more professional simply by adding an eye-catching blazer.
9. Unbutton your plaid shirt and wear it open over an all black outfit to look chic and effortless.
10. Layer your flannel under a puffy vest to look like autumn perfection.
11. Another perfectly simple fall look is wearing a comfy plaid shirt with knee-high boots and cozy socks peaking out.
12. Layer your plaid shirt under a sweater and let the collar and sleeves pop out for a preppy look.
13. A plaid shirt makes your leather leggings totally daytime appropriate.
14. The easiest fall outfit ever? Plaid shirt, skinny jeans, and a moccasins. Front tuck the shirt so it gives a little bit of shape.
15. Make a summer sundress work for fall by adding an open plaid shirt and thigh-high socks.
16. A tight dress works for class with an oversized plaid shirt, tights, and boots.
17. You can also make a sundress work for cooler weather by tying your plaid shirt in front, like so.
18. Tie your plaid shirt around your waist for a serious ’90s vibe.
19. Don’t be afraid to mix your plaid shirt with other patterns, like this cameo jacket and graphic tee.
20. I love the juxtaposition of a casual flannel with a glam skirt, like this feathered one or maybe sequins. So chic!