Our Stay Vacation to The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is only an hour or so from Dubai (and for those of you reading this, living in Dubai we all know its nice to get away from time to time) The hotel is a bit of a hidden haven in the peaceful (nice way of saying nothing to do) Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Set in a charming beach-front location, the luxurious Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah hotel is ideal for a weekend getaway – which is exactly what we did. The multi-award winning resort is huge and offers beautiful rooms, stylish dining and an 18-hole golf course.
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Pros
- All the staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful, always smiling.
- The rooms here just huge, I mean huge
- Their is lots to do in the resort so you wont get bored
- Their is a whooping nine stylish restaurants and lounges – we dinned at the steak and Asian restaurant and both were excellent.
- The breakfast buffet was amazing, with such a great choice for everyone.
- Stunning beachfront
- If you are a golfer the hotel is adjacent to an 18-hole championship golf course
- Waldorf Astoria Spa with floatation bed, VIP couple’s treatment room and signature herbal sauna
- The swim up pool bar was great, I mean im a great fan of drinking while chilling in the pool
- Huge variety of cocktails
- Adults pool
- Bt the pool we loved the bucket of ice with water, the lovely cold flannels, fruit kebabs and the ice lollies in the afternoon were a very welcome treat!
- Vast beach front
- Indoor and outdoor Pearls Kid’s Club with babysitting services
- The hotel boasts some lovely views and back drops surrounded by desert, mountains and sea
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Cons
- Not much to do in surrounding area so if the weather is bad your screwed!
- The staff where a bit snobby
- Due to the hotel being so big it lack the feeling of exclusivity
Not sure if these are pros or cons:
- This is a very large resort so I guess that could be a con for some people – I have heard it can get VERY busy
- As for the location it is actually only 45 minutes from Dubai but their isnt really much to do in RAK
I guess it depends what type of holiday you are looking for – if its a large resort hotel where you can just chill by the beach or pool all day, relax and dine in then The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is for you.
Images take from the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah website
Looking at the hotel from the golf course – as you can see very large!
Looking at the hotel from the sea and beach
One of the bars and view onto the terrace
The adult pool (much quieter and my preferred spot)
The main pool, that was a bit too busy with children when we where their (But we where staying their over school holidays)
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Standard room
Ras Al Khaimah Overview
The northern-most emirate of the UAE, offers a more authentic Arabian experience as well as beaches, mangroves, terracotta deserts and the towering Hajar Mountains bordering Oman.
Also know as RAK it’s known for its Arabian Gulf beaches. In the capital city of the same name, the National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah occupies a centuries-old fort. The museum features regional history and archaeological exhibits. Nearby is the large, traditional Mohammed bin Salem Mosque. Northeast, the mountaintop Dhayah Fort dates from the 19th century.
What to do if the weather is pants
Basically as said their is not much to do in the area – I know this because i’ve stayed when it was raining non stop for the whole weekend so what did we did:
- Visited the local mall (mainly to buy warmer clothes)
- Watched a movie in the cinema
- Spend a good few hours in an Irish bar
- Spend a few hours at the golf club bar (great food and drinks promotions)
- Ice Land Water Park
In summary the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah has been granted over 100 awards and accolades since opening in 2013, which is pretty impressive! Its a stunning resort with lots to do and offers great rates.
Visit their website for more details and rates etc