Al Maha Resort – One of the most romantic resorts I have stayed at
When you think Al Maha Resort, think proposal, honeymoon, anniversary and basically any special occasion you want to spend with a loved one!
My boyfriend took me here for a long weekend and my mum and dad stayed in all weekend as they genuinely thought he was going to propose (he had already asked my dad if he could marry me but this wasnt going to happen to later in the year when we where in Italy not that I knew any of this)
We arrived mid day on the Friday to find Al Maha nestled in a palm oasis, deep within Dubai’s magical dune and desert landscape. We spent all the day in the room, with a private terrace and pool why wouldn’t you and in the evening we just ordered room service. The next day we where a little more active and booked a spa treatment, camel trek, sun-downers and then dinner in the main restaurant. Unfortunately on Sunday we checked out but not before a morning class of archery! We then headed back home – only 45 minutes in the car!
What I loved:
- I loved how the resort showcased the heritage and architecture of the Bedouins
- The resort offers a sense of desert adventure
- You can enjoy two different complimentary desert activities every day as part of the stay
- Get up and close with the Arabian Oryx & the Gazelles – the star attractions of the reserve. The wildlife can be viewed from your own private pool
- Fabulous private temperature-controlled infinity pool and sun deck seating area
- The only Boutique Resort in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
On arrival, after a super smooth check in, you are taken to your room via golf buggy – The resort is very spacious but of course you have the option to walk!
So this is the room – the picture really does not do it any justice and you cant see any of the beautiful details or behind the bedroom wall and the fabulous, large double bathroom
Just chilling in our private pool
If you want a bigger pool then the main pool is always an option. I was going to do twenty lengths but I didn’t make one! Ophs
One of the activities is camel ridding
You can trek into the desert and enjoy a champagne sunset
I don’t know why we are so happy as this was taken on check out – but I was so thankful to have stayed in such a beautiful place.
Highlights of Al Maya Resort which we where lucky to enjoy all of these:
- Al Diwaan fine dining restaurant is at the heart of Al Maha’s Dining experience and offers organic international & indigenous delicacies.
- Exclusive setups are also organized by Al Maha for Dune Dining in the Desert, Deck Dining by the pool or In Suite Dining.
- During your stay, you can also enjoy a relaxing treatment at the Timeless Spa.